United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 for International Students:
United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in USA (Fully Funded)The United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in the United States is now accepting applications, and those interested are encouraged to do so. It is open to international students from anywhere in the world to submit an application for a fully funded fellowship in the United States. Nine months will be all that is required to complete the program. Candidates who are chosen for this program will spend three months in New York City and six months at the host institution. The United States of America will play host to the Nippon Foundation Fellowship. It is possible to receive the Fully Funded Fellowship award during the academic year of 2023-2024. This is an incredible opportunity that is available to all students from all over the world United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in USA (Fully Funded)
The United Nations: The Nippon Foundation Fellowship supports developing government officials and other intermediate professionals in developing states in the areas of maritime affairs and maritime law, in addition to allied disciplines such as the administrative framework. This support is provided in the field of marine science. The purpose of this program is to familiarize fellows with the work of the United Nations, teach them about the international legal framework, the most important issues and practices in maritime affairs, and help them develop their professional abilities. In addition to this, fellows will be expected to perform independent research under the direction of an academic advisor and produce essays on a subject of their choosing United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in USA (Fully Funded)
After the Fellowship has been completed, it is envisaged that the Fellows would return to their home countries and use the in-depth knowledge and vast experience they have gained during their time with the program to contribute to the development of a comprehensive United Nations Convention on Maritime Policy and Law. I will assist in maintaining the integrity of the current judicial system. Through the process of developing, putting into action, and/or testing particular marine improvement projects, including particular improvement projects United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in USA (Fully Funded)
United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 Details:
- Made available by: the United Nations
- The time frame is nine months.
- Full Financial Support Provided for Scholarships
- All Nationalities Are Accepted as Eligible Candidates
- Awarding nation: the United States of America
- Date of Expiration: September 8th, 2023
Financial Benefits of Nippon Foundation Fellowship:
A fully funded fellowship program for international students, the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 is now accepting applications. The following is a rundown of the expenses that will be reimbursed:
- The hosting organization provides fellows with a monetary stipend on a monthly basis.
- The costs of local transportation are taken care of.
- The stipend rates change depending on the nation, but they are all comparable to the stipend rates that the United Nations provides for each nation.
- The hosting organization will cover the cost of round-trip tickets in the economy class.
- The United Nations will be responsible for paying any fees associated with the processing of visas.
- The company that is hosting you will be responsible for providing medical insurance.
- The costs associated with lodging will be covered by the hosting groups.
- The partners will each receive a book allowance of $100 per month.
List of Host Institutions:
The following is a list of institutions that chosen candidates are eligible to attend in order to participate in a United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship:
- The Research Center of the Sea and Maritime Law of the Ankara University
- Located in Wollongong, Australia, the Australian National Centre for Ocean Resources and Security (ANCORS) is a part of the University of Wollongong.
- The School of Law and Politics at Cardiff University in Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Located in Nantes, France’s Centre de Droit Maritime et Océanique is part of the University of Nantes.
- The Centre for Resource Management and Environmental Studies (CERMES) is located on the Cave Hill Campus of the
- University of the West Indies in Barbados.
- CERDAME is an acronym that stands for the Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Droit des Activités Maritimes et
- l’Environnement. It is part of the Institute of Law, Peace, and Development at the University of Nice Sophia Antipolis in Nice, France.
- The Coastal Resources Center is part of the University of Rhode Island’s Graduate School of Oceanography.
- Department of Public, Civil Procedure, International and European Law of the University of Milan (Milan, Italy) Columbia Law
- School, Columbia University (New York, United States of America) Department of Public, Civil Procedure, International and European Law of the University of Milan (Milan, Italy)
- The Edinburgh Centre for International and Global Law is a joint initiative between the Faculty of Law at the University of
- New South Wales in Sydney, Australia and Edinburgh University in Edinburgh, United Kingdom.
- The University of Delaware in Newark, United States of America, Gerard J. Mangone Center for Marine Policy
- The University of Rhode Island in Kingston, located in the United States of America, offers a graduate program in marine affairs through its department of marine affairs.
- ZMT is the Leibniz Center for Tropical Marine Ecology and is located in Bremen, Germany.
- Marine and Environmental Law Institute, Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada) in partnership with the International Ocean
- Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada) Marine Affairs Programme, Dalhousie University (Halifax, Canada) in partnership with the
- International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada) in partnership with the International Ocean Institute-Canada (Halifax, Canada)
- The University of Queensland’s Marine and Shipping Law Unit may be found in Brisbane, Australia.
- Istanbul Bilgi University’s Marine Law and Policy Research Centre is located in Istanbul, Turkey.
- Ghent, Belgium’s Maritime Institute, which is part of the University of Ghent
- Institute of Comparative Public Law and International Law at the Max Planck Foundation for Comparative Public Law in Heidelberg, Germany
- The Melbourne University Law School is located in the state of Victoria in Australia.
- The National Oceanography Centre, located in Southampton, United Kingdom (NERC).
- The University of Nelson Mandela Port Elizabeth, South Africa, is the location of the South African Research Chair in the Law of the Sea and Development in Africa.
- Located in Utrecht, the Netherlands, the Netherlands Institute for the Law of the Sea is part of the Utrecht University School of Law.
- The School of Law at NOVA University, located in Lisbon, Portugal
- The University of Saint Mary in Halifax, located in Canada
- Located at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, Scotland, the Strathclyde Centre for Environmental Law and Governance (SELG)
- The University of Sydney’s Sydney Law School is located in Sydney, Australia.
- The School for the Environment at the University of Massachusetts Boston in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
- Tulane University’s Maritime Law Center is located in New Orleans, Louisiana, in the United States.
- Dipartimento di Giurisprudenza and Dipartimento di Scienze dell’Ambiente e della Terra “Marine Sciences Programme” at the
- University of Milano Bicocca (Milan, Italy).
- Tromso University is located in Tromso, Norway.
- The Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution is located in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, while the World Maritime University and Global Ocean Institute are both located in Malmo, Sweden.
Eligibility Criteria for UN Fellowship:
Students who meet the requirements for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 can submit an application for the fellowship.
- It is required that you are between the ages of 25 and 40.
- You will need to have completed your first degree at a university with honors and demonstrated that you have the potential to independently pursue additional academic research and study.
- You must be a mid-level professional working for a national government agency in a developing state, or for another government or non-government agency in a state that deals directly with maritime matters, and your professional position should lead you. This makes it possible to assist. Nation in the region’s policy formation and/or execution, depending on which comes first. In this context, the connection between marine sciences and science policy is included. Your “Nomination and Recommendation Form” needs to be filled out by a government official or another official who can verify the nature of your work in relation to the government’s maritime affairs and maritime activities law, as well as explain how the award is bestowed. This form must be submitted online. These actions directly contribute to
- The research and study program that you suggest should directly contribute to the construction of your nation as well as the law enforcement of marine affairs and maritime policies and programs.
- During the entirety of the fellowship time, you are not permitted to have any obligations that are not associated with the fellowship, unless the Division gives prior approval.
- The 8th of September 2023 is the final day to submit an application for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 for International Students.
How to Apply for United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship?
United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24 in USA (Fully Funded) To apply for the United Nations Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023-24, there is a process for submitting your application online. In order to apply for the USA Fellowship Program, please follow the instructions listed below.
- The application must be typed or created using a word processing program.
- The applicants are required to respond to all questions in a comprehensive and understandable manner.
- The portions of the application numbered 18, 19, 20, 21, and 23 should receive extra focus and consideration.
- The candidate is required to give a detailed account of their personal background.
- It is important to plan a research and study program that has been proposed.
- The person in charge of making nominations or the officer in charge of the department in question needs to sign or certify the application form.
- Send the completed form, together with your signature, to [email protected] by email.